The XLOOKUP function was introduced during 2020 and is a flexible replacement for older functions such as VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP and LOOKUP, all of which have their limitations.
XLOOKUP can find values in vertical or horizontal ranges and can perform approximate and exact matches. In addition, XLOOKUP can search data starting from the first value or the last value.
Throughout this video, we will demonstrate the use of the functions VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP and IFERROR before then explaining why the XLOOKUP function would be far better.
- Using XLOOKUP instead of VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP in conjunction with the IFERROR function
- Why using a nested XLOOKUP could be useful to perform a two-way lookup
- The limitations of VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP and how they can be overcome by using XLOOKUP
- Using XLOOKUP instead of the INDEX and MATCH functions
- Finding the nearest match using the XLOOKUP function