Medicines Management Competency Based Assessment Practical Assessment for Community Specialist Nurse (Independent Prescriber)
This is the final part of the Medicines Management competency based assessment.
- The assurance is both for you and the organisation that employs you, to have evidence to demonstrate your competence in medicines management.
- The learning needs are both for you and your line manager to form an action plan of what you need to achieve this year and to feed into your PDP.
You should have already completed the first two modules listed below, This course is the final stage of your assessment.
You complete the Assessment:
- By completing all Core, clinical and Practical assessments associated with your role:
- 4 core sections (all staff)
- 1 clinical scenario (all staff except lymphoedema)
- A number of Practical scenarios (specific to your area of work(This Section)) – Separate courses for each staff type
- On your own
- However tempting it is to ask colleagues their opinion, this is a reflection of your knowledge and not that of your Team
- Using the resources usually available to you in your area of work
- These might include; PCF, BNF, NECN supportive and palliative care clinical guidelines etc.
- State which references you have used at the end of each question
The course are automatically marked and you will be able to print certificates to prove completion
If you know the answer to a question, don’t look it up in a reference source, this only takes extra time and isn’t a true reflection of what you’d do in practice.
If you aren’t sure of the answer to a question and you can’t find it in any of the resources usually available to you, then write down what you’d do in practice.