Date/Time: Tuesday, 13th July 2021 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: This is an online event.
Available Spaces: 2
Contact Details: OD Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme will be held via Teams – the link will be sent to you before the start of the session.
Mentoring is unlike training. Whether you are formally mentoring a new recruit, or people come to you informally for advice, it involves building a relationship of mutual trust for the long term and giving the benefit of your experience to guide and develop.
This GBS Mentoring Skills advanced webinar is for those who have some experience of mentoring and would like to build upon these competencies. It addresses the special skills that mentors need to build a constructive relationship with their trainees and identifies techniques that mentors can use to help learners make positive progress in a new development.
Upon completion of this event, delegates will have been exposed to the training required to provide them with the skills and techniques enabling them to:
• Explain the difference between coaching and mentoring
• Understand how to establish and build a productive mentoring relationship
• Describe a mentoring contract • Understand how to structure a mentoring session
• Develop enhanced facilitation, coaching, counselling and feedback skills
• Adopt tools for overcoming obstacles to successful mentoring arising from personal, team and organisational issues
• Practice the skills of effective mentoring