Date(s) - Thursday, 17/10/2019
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Sedgefield Community Hospital
Categories No Categories
Staff who need to use evidence in their role, and would like to know which websites are the best for finding different types of evidence, and gain hand on experience in using OpenAthens to find journal articles. This session has a workshop approach, and attendees are encouraged to bring a topic they want to investigate.
This is an ideal precursor for “Appraising Evidence”.
This session is also suitable for those developing a research idea and want to find out what research has been done in this area.
- To support staff getting access to online research and evidence.
- To understand the different websites to use and what evidence they hold
- Learn techniques to effectively search for evidence
- To get practical experience of developing a search strategy
- To get practical experience of completing an evidence search
In order to enable individuals to gain hands on experience of searching, individuals are required to get an OpenAthens logon in advance and bring a laptop to the session. Further details regarding this will be emailed to those registered in advance.
Seminar Room, Sedgefield Community Hospital (12 places)
Bookings are closed for this event. If you are NECS staff but are unable to book onto the course, please email us at NECSU.firstname.lastname@example.org.