Research and Evidence full day training
Date/Time: Wednesday, 21st October 2020 - 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Location: Riverside House, Newburn
Available Spaces: 1
Contact Details: OD Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
This session is now being ran via Microsoft Teams, the link will be sent in advance of the course.
This half day session covers the first two R&E training sessions which are also available separately into a half day’s session (Introduction to Research and evidence, and Finding Evidence).
This session is aimed at staff who would like to have a good understanding about research and evaluation, to include understanding the wide range of evidence available and how to find it. It is suitable to commissioning and contracting staff, those who manage services, and for those who want to develop a research idea and decide on the best research design for their study.
It will cover:
- What is evidence, how does it fit into the commissioning cycle and current NHS policies
- Different types of evidence, to include service evaluations, research, audit, grey literature and the media
- The different type of research and research designs
- The wide range of different websites to use to find evidence and where to look for what
- Learn techniques to effectively search for evidence
- Hands on experience searching for evidence, to include using OpenAthens
The role of the Research and Evidence team and how they can support you